RAPID Test Cell Controller
Multi-Loop Controller for Test Systems
The RAPID Test Cell Controller is an integrated, multi-loop control and data acquisition system for test cell applications, designed to provide maximum performance at an affordable price.
RAPID is ideal for fast deployment of motion control and measurement applications, such as dynamometers, hydraulics, and other test systems with up to four control loops.
Common applications for the RAPID multi-loop controller include:
- Materials load frame test
- Small engine test cells
- Tire lab test
- Engine and transmission remanufacturing
- Contract test lab
- Block cycle test
- Component test
- Actuator test
- Motor test
Contact us for pricing or more information on the RAPID controller or turnkey solutions. Training and support services are also available for configuration, integration, startup, or per person on-site instruction.
This 19” 3U rack-mount turnkey solution is well-suited for engineers looking to replace legacy controllers, or to add features to existing systems, including:
- Out-of-the-box functionality with quick installation and easy configuration
- Deterministic performance and reliability provided by the power fo a FPGA
- Easy connectivity and wiring to I/O, safety circuits, and various signal conditioning options
- Extensive software capabilities including easy, user-configurable screens, flexible control settings, test profile creation, and data logging
- Cost-efficient, open-source solutions for multi-axis control and data acquisition
Each RAPID controller comes with standard, preconfigured I/O and a desktop computer preloaded with INERTIA™ control software. Features include:
- 4-axis test cell controller with 4 kHz digital PID loop closure
- 19” 3U rack-mount enclosure
- Wide variety of preconfigured I/O including 32 analog inputs, 20 digital inputs, and 20 digital outputs
- I/O features screw terminal connectors and externally accessible switches for configuring voltage or current inputs
- Operator desktop computer preloaded with INERTIA™ control software and examples
- Software features extensive user configuration options with flexible control settings, test profile creation, configurable alarms, definable user interfaces, data acquisition, and reporting functions
- Emergency stop button and connectivity to safety circuits
- Ribbon cable connectors that provide expansion options for signal conditioning backplanes, digital I/O, TTL level I/O, and other connectivity products
Training and support services are also available for configuration, integration, startup, or per person on-site instruction.
Related products and services include:
- INERTIA Test Automation for High Channel-Count Systems
- DynEDGE Controller for Dynamometers
- ServoEDGE Controller for Hydraulics and Servo-Hydraulics
- Custom Test Systems
- Dynamometer Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
RAPID Resource Kit
"We appreciate all of your help on everything in this project! I had high expectations and this has been a huge upgrade for our facility and I look forward to working with you again in the near future."